UPDATE – I also got the medium/dark recently which I show further down.
When I first discovered this new concealer about a month ago, it was sold out and I had been stalking the BH Cosmetics site waiting for this to get back in stock. I was checking daily and finally on one of those days, it came back into stock (a lot earlier than the date they had given so good for me for checking daily!) Anyway, I finally got my hands on it and am more than excited to give this BH Cosmetics Studio Pro Perfecting Concealer review if you are curious about how it performs.
This BH Cosmetics Studio Pro Perfecting Concealer comes in four colors (Light, Light/Medium, Medium/Dark and Dark). Since I am prone to dark marks (hyperpigmentation from acne scars and naturally in areas around my mouth), I wanted the one with an orange color corrector and that was Dark.
This Pro Perfecting Concealer wheel comes with two color correctors (orange and yellow) and the rest of the colors to be used however you please. You can use them to conceal, to mix with the correctors or the other colors or to contour with.
The yellow corrector is the only shade in this wheel which is useless to me.
Below are the colors swatched. The orange is obviously for use on dark marks and dark circles which helps to prevent them from looking gray when foundation is added as opposed to using a concealer on the marks. If you need more info on color correcting, click here.
With my chocolate skin, I had been planning on using the darkest concealer shade as a skin matching concealer but I was surprised that it turned out to be darker than my chocolate complexion. So instead, I use this to contour with or mix with some of the lighter concealers in this wheel. If you are dark-skinned you definitely know how hard it is to find something dark enough to contour with so this great.
The next darkest shade is an awesome highlight for my under eyes and any other areas of my face that I highlight and it gives such as natural highlight that I prefer it over my current L.A. Girl concealers in cocoa and chestnut (I actually wish this was a separate product because I’ve hit pan on this while I haven’t made a dent in the other colors).
Although the L.A. Girl concealers are still good, I just prefer this shade from this BH Cosmetics Studio Pro Perfecting Concealer wheel because this matches my cool undertones a lot better than LA Girl which is more neutral. Can’t say enough about how much I LOVE the subtle highlight I get when I use this concealer underneath my eyes.
The lightest concealer shade in this wheel is a bit too light for my dark skin but can easily be mixed with the other concealer shades/correctors to get what I need. So except for the yellow corrector, I am getting good usage out of this palette which I am thrilled about.
UPDATE: I went ahead and got the medium/dark as well as shown below.
- A lot creamier than the BH Cosmetics 6 Color Concealer & Corrector palette which I have but rarely use nowadays because it was a bit chalky and difficult to spread. This new concealer/corrector has the perfect creamy texture.
- Easy to apply and blend.
- There is truly an orange shade which is perfect for us chocolate girls with dark marks. The previous palette had a peach corrector which just didn’t work that great for me.
- Dries quickly.
- Worked great without or over primer as well as under foundation. Even when you need to add a bit more on top of foundation, it works great with foundation.
- Portable due to size and the screw top.
- Can use a little or you can build it up to get the coverage you need.
- Doesn’t seem to cause any problems with my acne-prone skin.
- Not oily for all those with oily/combination skin. The texture also seems like it would work just fine for those with dry skin.
- Doesn’t crease when the orange corrector and concealers are used underneath my eyes.
- Does not look cakey no matter how much you use.
- Although it is pigmented, you may need a few swatches to get the coverage you need. It’s not a very thick consistency like my orange L.A. Girl corrector. But this can also be a good thing.
- It seems to only work best when I use my fingers to apply and blend before finishing off the blending with a sponge. I tried to use a brush with the concealer and corrector and didn’t like using it this way. If you don’t like using your fingers when applying makeup or need to use a brush, this product may not be for you. Whereas with my LA girl concealers and correctors, I can use my fingers, my brushes or my sponges and using any of these tools works just fine.
I honestly just love this BH Cosmetics Studio Pro Perfecting Concealer and I highly recommend it! The selection for various skin tones is really great also so even if you are not as dark as me, you should be able to find a wheel that works for you.
I am even thinking of going back to get the Medium/Dark. (I went ahead and got this in medium/dark as well recently. There really is not much to not love about this corrector/concealer and so glad that they improved upon their previous concealer/corrector palette.
That’s my BH Cosmetics Studio Pro Perfecting Concealer review for the color dark. Do you plan on trying this out?
It’s available at bhcosmetics.com with a retail value of $13 although you will usually find it for more than 50 percent off because of the great daily promotions on the site! (It’s always on sale between $4 and $7)