UPDATE 1* – This Nars Velvet Matte Skin Tint with SPF 30 is available now at narscosmetics.com and NARS stores for $44.
UPDATE 2* – Eleven shades are now available at Sephora for $44 and other locations.
Although it is a tiny bit too red, I love the NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation in Khatoum. This is one of the few brands that keeps those with darker skin in mind so I am more than excited for the new NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint with SPF 30 which launches January 15, 2016 online and at various NARS Boutiques. It will launch February 1, 2016 all other locations including sephora.
- Terre Neuve LIGHT0 lightest with neutral pink undertones
- Finland LIGHT1 lightest with neutral yellow undertones
- Alaska LIGHT2 light with a neutral balance of pink and yellow undertones
- Greenland LIGHT3 light medium with a neutral pink / peachy undertone
- St. Mortiz MEDIUM1 medium with a neutral yellow undertone
- Annapurna MEDIUM2 medium with a neutral peachy undertone
- Cuba MEDIUM3 medium with a balance of pink and yellow undertones
- Malaga MED/DARK1 medium dark with warm caramel undertones
- Seychelles MED/DARK2 medium dark with golden olive undertones
- Martinique MED/DARK3 medium dark with warm red undertones
- Cuzco MEDIUM 1.5 medium with a neutral pink / peachy undertone
- Polynesia DARK1 dark with warm chocolate undertones
Although Nars usually has a great shade range for darker skin tones, I don’t know about this one.
I definitely want to try the darkest shade of the NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint SPF 30 which is Polynesia but I can only hope that it is dark enough and the right undertone for me. From the swatches I’ve seen of Polynesia, it seems a little too light for me.
Other details about this Nars Velvet Matte Skin Tint SPF 30 include;
- SPF 30
- Velvety matte finish
- Will not dry out the skin
- Blurs fine lines, wrinkles and pores (this is an issue with me so will see whether this foundation will make any difference despite the claims)
- Lightweight formulation
- Evens out skin tone
- Medium coverage
- Buildable texture
- Long-wear – at least eight hours
The SPF may cause this not to photograph well which is always an issue when a foundation/BB cream/tinted moisturizer, etc, contains SPF.
Word on the street is that despite the name, this applies more like a medium to full coverage foundation than a tinted moisturizer.
This NARS Velvet Matte Skin Tint SPF 30 has a retail value $44 which is slightly less than the $48 charged for the NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation
Are you excited about this skin tint?