With my large pores and combination skin which comes with a very oily t-zone, I love masks and try to use them two to three times a week which is why I had to try this and thought this Freeman Feeling Beautiful Avocado & Oatmeal Clay Mask review might interest you if you are considering this mask.
I saw this mask at the Dollar General and had to try it although I am not very enthused about clay masks from my experience with homemade clay masks (Indian Aztec Clay mixed with apple cider vinegar.) Clay masks are only so-so for me which is why when I ran out of my huge Indian Aztec clay tub, I didn’t rush out to get another one.
But since I love masks and love to try new ones, I couldn’t resist this. The packaging states that this Freeman Feeling Beautiful Avocado & Oatmeal Clay Mask is made for normal/combo skin and that it deep cleans and purifies pores so I thought it would be worth it to try it for my combination skin type which is starting to seriously get oily now that summer is here.
Per the back of the packaging;
Nourish and purify with one amazing mask! Rich clays dive deep to purge dirt and oils from pores. Nutrient-rich Vitamin E, Avocado and Oatmeal moisturize for lasting skin softness. Skin looks and feels squeaky clean and is soft to the touch. Perfect for normal to combination skin.
The ingredient list;
Water/Aqua/Eau, Bentonite, Titanium Dioxide, Kaolin, Propylene Glycol, Colloidal Oatmeal, Tocopherol, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Disodium Edta, Sodium Polyacrylate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Blue 1 (CI 42090).
A bit about some of the ingredients;
- Clay helps to remove excessive oil, dirt and other pollutants from pores and by doing this can also help to shrink pores.
- Bentonite clay which is obtained mostly from areas in the western U.S.A is very popular and easy to find and it helps to draw out oil, bacteria and toxins from the skin while helping to calm the skin and speed up healing. Food grade bentonite clay can also be taken internally to cleanse and detoxify the body.
- Kaolin clay is usually the most recommended clay for clay masks and it is able to balance the skin’s oil production making it perfect for oily, combination and acne prone skin.
- Avocado contains various healing properties that can heal and nourish the skin.
- Oatmeal is another amazing ingredient to use in facial products including face masks because it helps to absorb excessive oil and calm itchy, irritated dry skin.
The instructions are to apply the mask to the face and neck and after drying, rinse with warm water and to use this twice a week or as often as you need. It has a mint greenish color and it is thick but not too thick so you can easily apply a thin layer if that’s your preference.
After cleansing and drying my face, I applied a thin layer of this mask. If you do not care for fragrance, you may want to avoid this product because it has a strong fragrance but I happen to LOVE how this mask smells.
It doesn’t state how long to keep the mask on and since I had quite a bit to do around the house, I ended up keeping it on for at least an hour but this is not necessary because the mask dries much quicker than many of my other clay masks that I have used. It was fully dry within 10 minutes but since I like to busy myself with other stuff when I put a mask on, it usually takes some time before I can get around to washing this off.
- Dries incredibly fast.
- This Freeman Feeling Beautiful Avocado & Oatmeal Clay Mask washes off so easily unlike my other clay masks
- You will not have to clean your bath or shower after washing this mask off because it is not as messy as my other clay masks which is a major plus for me.
- After washing it off, my face felt so amazingly soft and smooth that I couldn’t stop touching it. You have to feel your face after you use this mask.
- Does not dry your face and does not leave your face squeaky clean as opposed to what the back of the packing states. Your face will feel super soft and moisturized and not dry and tight.
- It did an excellent job of removing excessive oil.
- Though the large pores on my cheeks were still visible, they definitely looked a lot smaller.
- I have used this a few times and have not noticed any adverse skin reactions including any acne development or acne purging.
- Smells amazing to me.
- Inexpensive. I spent about $4 at Dollar General.
- The fragrance may be too much for some people especially if they cannot stand fragrance in product but it does fade as the mask dries.
- This Freeman Avocado & Oatmeal Clay Mask is not easily available on the ground. I have never seen in the stores that I usually frequent (Kroger, Wal-Mart, Walgreens, etc, in my area) which is why I was so taken by surprise when I saw it in Dollar General that I immediately grabbed it. Wish it were more widely available.
Although I have not been very impressed with clay masks, I love this mask and would repurchase. I hope this Freeman Feeling Beautiful Avocado & Oatmeal Clay Mask review helped you see that you should definitely give this mask a try especially if you have combination/oily/acne prone skin.
Overall Rating: 8.5/10
Get it on sale for $3.65 at Ulta