I’m a little late with this Giorgio Armani Beauty Power Fabric Longwear High Cover Foundation SPF 25 as I’ve had this foundation since it was released at the beginning of the year when it was only available at the Armani Beauty website. You can now get it in other places such as Sephora, NORDSTROM, etc. This review is better late than never!
I’d always wanted to try the much hyped Luminous Silk Foundation but I didn’t feel like that darkest shade (14) would be dark enough for me. When this new Giorgio Armani Beauty Power Fabric Longwear High Cover Foundation SPF 25 was released in an additional shade (14.5), I snapped this up when it was released and hoped that the color would match my skin.
I actually later tried the Luminous Foundation in 14 and while I could get away with this shade, it wasn’t the perfect shade for me but I actually ended up not liking this foundation after using it for a day. I’m glad I didn’t try this before as I would have been hesitant to buy this new foundation. So let’s get on with the review of this foundation from Armani Beauty.
Giorgio Armani Beauty Power Fabric Longwear High Cover Foundation SPF 25 RevieW
This foundation melts into the skin, blurring imperfections while offering daily UVA and UVB broad spectrum SPF 25. Through Armani Beauty’s own Micro-fil Technology, powerful ultra-fine pigments are shaped to provide the highest coverage foundation with the thinnest and lightest texture—allowing a little to go a long way. This foundation combines high coverage, an SPF 25 filter, and an ultra-light formula to achieve flawless results up for up to 16 hours.
Shade 14.5 which I bought was a really great color match for my skin tone. It’s one of the best shade matches I’ve ever had so this was great. I have a cool undertone so it may not be the perfect match for you if you have a different undertone. See a swatch of this shade below. It has a pump which is great. It spread well with my fingers, with a sponge or with a brush.
It is buildable but it can get cakey if you use too much. I used about two pumps and if I needed a bit more coverage, I just used concealer to spot conceal.
This Giorgio Armani Beauty Power Fabric Longwear High Cover Foundation is meant for those with combination to oily skin so if you have dry skin, this may not be the right condition for you. But it didn’t seem to control oil production which is par for the course for most if not all the foundations I own so I did need to apply an oil control primer first.
- This Giorgio Armani Beauty Power Fabric Longwear High Cover Foundation was not only the perfect match but it looked amazing and felt lightweight on my skin. I really liked the way my skin looked with this foundation. It is a dryer formula but it is not completely matte which is perfect for me.
- Though it claims to be a full coverage foundation, I would say that it is medium coverage. While it covered a lot of the dark spots and imperfections on my face, it didn’t cover some of the larger areas of hyperpigmentation (above my top lip).
- It contains a sunscreen which is also great although it is a chemical sunscreen (Octinoxate 6.7%). While I prefer physical sunscreens, I have no problem with chemical sunscreens. If you do, this may not be the foundation for you.
- While it doesn’t blur fine lines, it doesn’t worsen them by sinking into them either but I don’t think it is the perfect foundation for aging skin.
- I have acne prone skin but this foundation did not cause any breakouts.
- This Giorgio Armani Beauty Power Fabric Longwear High Cover Foundation claims up to 16 hour wear but I found that it lasted a little over 8 hours so it is not a very long wearing foundation. It’s just about average. The wear didn’t seem to be affected by whether I wore a primer or not.
- I have large pores and I while there was very slight minimization when I used my fingers, by and large, this foundation just left a polka dot effect on my skin.
- It transfers which I don’t expect from pricey foundations such as this.
You can get this for $64 at Sephora for 1oz. Although I like how flawless it makes my skin look, I don’t think it’s worth $64. It doesn’t do much to be worth this much (transfers and average wear.) I have cheaper foundations which are transfer proof are longer wearing and provide full coverage.
I do like this Giorgio Armani Beauty Power Fabric Longwear High Cover Foundation with SPF 25. Love how it matches my skin perfectly and the flawless finish it gives me. I did think about returning it but that was because of the price. I don’t think it’s worth $64 though it is a nice foundation.
Overall – 8/10