I’ve been running low on my setting sprays so it was almost time that I get a new one and saw this at my local Wal-Mart. It is a newish product from Hard Candy and since I was more than ready to try out a new setting spray, I got it and so here is my Hard Candy Fast & Fabulous Makeup Setting Spray review after trying this a few times.
The only other setting sprays I have used are ELF Makeup Mist & Set, NYX Matte Finish Setting Spray and NYX Dewy Finish Setting Spray (prefer this of the two) which are only okay and I have also even been toying with the idea of making a homemade finishing spray but I won’t have to do that since I just got this Hard Candy Fast & Fabulous Makeup Setting Spray.
If it matters to you, this company does not test on animals. This Hard Candy makeup setting spray contains 2.2 fl. oz and per the packaging, this is;
A weightless spray that locks in makeup for all day wear. Spray over foundation, eye shadow, blush and concealer to set your makeup look. This setting spray works even in the worst weather conditions and lasts all day and night without melting, cracking, fading or setting into fine lines.
The instructions state that you should shake well and that you must hold the bottle 8-10 inches away from the face and spray 2-4 times to evenly set makeup.
- It is a nice size amount of product at 2.2 fl. oz.
- It does prevent a great deal of makeup transfer after setting.
- At $6 (at Wal-Mart), it is quite inexpensive.
- I have sensitive acne prone skin and this did not seem to irritate my skin at all.
- Dries fast.
- This has a strong cucumber scent compared to my other setting sprays that I use. The fragrance does fade as it dries but this might not be the setting spray for you if you have an aversion to fragrance.
- Did not last as long as claimed “Sets Makeup All Day & Night”. I have combination/oily skin so maybe this setting spray lasts long if you have dry/normal skin.
- The spray mechanism is quite “forceful” so you need to make sure that the distance between the spray and your face is as great as possible. Once I use up one of my other setting sprays, I may transfer the Hard Candy setting spray to the empty spray bottle. But using it as is right now is not terrible. It’s just that I have a tendency to forget sometimes and spray close to my face which will just not work with this Hard Candy Makeup Setting Spray.
- Because it is so “forceful” you will get a lot of product so your makeup will be a bit wet but thankfully it dries fast.
Despite the cons, this Hard Candy Fast & Fabulous Makeup Setting Spray is great and it definitely performs a lot better that the other setting sprays I have used from ELF and NYX and the price is amazing!
I was very impressed with how much makeup transfer it prevented after it set but I do wish that it lasted a lot longer. Maybe if I use better products to control the oil production on my skin, it will last a bit longer. My final thoughts on this Hard Candy Fast & Fabulous Makeup Setting Spray review is that overall, I really like this setting spray and will continue to buy.
Get yours at Walmart for $6.