With my dark spots and a little darkness underneath my eyes, I am always on the lookout for an orange corrector. When a reader mentioned on one of my posts about the MAC pure range corrector, I knew I had to try it although I love my L.A. Girl and BH Cosmetics correctors. With that said, here is my MAC Studio Finish Skin Corrector review in pure orange.
I have no idea why I have never heard about this MAC Studio Finish Skin Corrector in pure orange because it doesn’t appear to be a new product. I knew about their other concealer /corrector palettes and although one of them was on my wish list, I didn’t want to spend all that money ($40) on a palette to simply use 3 out of 6 total shades in the palette.
This is why I was so excited to see that this pure orange corrector was sold as a single but the packaging is still annoying because it is sold in a metal pot that is meant to be added to a palette. But aside from that, I did want to try it. And I always love buying from the MAC website because not only is their shipping free all the time but they also send the packages out very quickly.
A specially tinted, full coverage and long-wearing water-resistant corrector.
For more on color correcting and why it is better than simply applying concealer, click here.
As you can see from the above swatches of these three correctors, BH Cosmetics is the most orange followed by MAC. Was surprised that the LA girl leans more towards peach than orange but I still love it.
- This is creamy but not as creamy as the LA Girl Corrector which means that the best way to apply it is to tap it on the skin and use tapping motions with your finger to spread it out. Using a brush will just pull on the skin. When using your fingers, it is easy to apply and blend. It being not as creamy is still a good thing because it allows the corrector to stay put a bit more than my other orange correctors.
- Does a great job of covering up dark circles and dark spots.
- Waterproof so it does a much better job of withstanding sweat than my other two orange correctors.
- Can be used over primer or without primer.
- Dries and sets quickly.
- Works great under or over foundation (in case you need to add a tiny bit more once you apply foundation and you need a bit more coverage)
- Does not look cakey even if you need to add a second coat or when foundation or concealer is added on top.
- Does not appear to cause breakouts on my skin.
- Doesn’t crease underneath my eyes.
- Compared to my other two orange correctors, this MAC Studio Finish Skin Corrector in pure orange is expensive although in general it isn’t too bad.
- I don’t like the packaging but I guess it would be more expensive if placed in another type of packaging so I am glad that I am only paying for the product and not the packaging as well. Was going to place it in one of my other palettes but I think I may just leave it where it is.
- MAC does test on animals so if you are bothered by that, you may need to steer clear of MAC.
I love my 3 orange correctors including this MAC Studio Finish Skin Corrector in pure orange and all three give me what I need which is covering up my dark circles and any dark spots that I need covered up and I would recommend any of them.
MAC does carry many other shades and not just pure orange so even if you are lighter skinned and this pure orange is too harsh for you, you may be able to get Burnt Coral. Or you could just mix this pure orange corrector with a concealer to get a more toned down shade which works for your skin. Or you can get both shades of correctors and mix.
So overall I like this MAC corrector but if you are looking for something cheap, you may want to get the LA Girl orange corrector or the BH Cosmetics corrector/concealer palette in dark but this MAC corrector is still reasonable in price especially since no shipping or tax is added if you order online.
That’s my MAC Studio Finish Skin Corrector review in pure orange as well as a comparison with my other orange correctors. I would recommend this just like I would recommend my other orange correctors.
Available at mac cosmetics for $14