As someone cursed with large pores, I am always on the lookout for any product that claims to minimize pores. Granted, I am not looking for my pores to be entirely eliminated. That would be just unrealistic and unnatural but I also don’t want very visible craters on my face. On my recent shopping excursion to ulta to take advantage of the recent 40 percent off sale on certain brands, I decided to also pick up the Miss Spa Pore Minimizing Facial Peel Off Mask although it wasn’t on sale to see whether it would be able to minimize my large pores.
I reviewed another miss spa mask here which I happened to like which made me want to try other masks in this brand and this pore minimizer sounded good.
- Refines and de-emphasizes pores with tea tree extract
- Help reduce the appearance of enlarged pores with miss spa Pore Minimizing Facial Peel Off Mask. With the purifying benefits of tea tree extract, it helps to remove excess dirt and oil to reveal smooth and a more refined complexion.
It is interesting to note that though tea tree oil is a major selling point of this mask, it is only the 14th ingredient. I usually only consider the first 5 ingredients when looking for what’s really in any product because anything after this is only in minute quantities which usually don’t make much of a difference. That’s just my thing. Tea tree is a great natural skin care ingredient especially for problem skin so it would have been great if it was higher on the ingredient list.
After cleansing and drying my face, I applied the miss spa pore minimizing facial peel off mask to my face. The product is clear and the packet is only good for one use only which allows for a thin layer of product to be applied to the face. I purchased two packets so I was able to try this mask twice.
This mask does have a strong fragrance which is mainly due to tea tree oil although there are additional flower and fruit extracts per the ingredient list. If you’re not a fan of strong fragrances, you may want to steer clear of this mask.
When applying the mask, try to avoid getting any on any hair unless you like pain!
The instructions state to wait for 15 minutes or until the mask is dry and slowly peel off the mask. I personally like to wait at least an hour with any facial masks I apply to make sure it gets completely dry and does whatever its supposed to do.
After one hour I removed the mask and followed up by rinsing my face with cool water to ensure all the mask was removed.
As I was peeling off the mask, I did notice some (but not all) hard particles in my large pores being lifted out of my pores so that was good to see. My pores are really congested which probably explains why they are so large and normal cleansing does not adequately tackle this congestion which is why I like to rely on facial masks to do the heavy lifting.
I did notice that my pores were slightly smaller.
- Removed some of the congestion in my pores
- Pores appeared slightly smaller
- The strong fragrance may be off-putting for some people.
- While I did notice that my pores were slightly smaller, I have had better pore minimizing results with other masks especially the Freeman Feeling Beautiful Cucumber Peel-Off Mask. The results may be sufficient for you if your pores are not very large but for us gals with large pores, we need something more.
- By the next morning, pores were back to my normal so the results did not last long.
- I spent $2.99 at Ulta for the miss spa Pore Minimizing Facial Peel Off Mask which is only for one use (.33 fl. oz.). The Freeman Cucumber Peel-Off Mask is a better mask and a better deal because it costs less that $5 for 6 fl. oz which means that I get more usage out of the latter.
- Wish there was a bit more product in the packet so that you could have a slightly thicker layer. The amount of product in the packet produces a very thin layer which makes it a little annoying to remove the mask once it dries because it keeps breaking apart as you remove it.
Would I purchase this again?
No. As mentioned previously, the Freeman Feeling Beautiful Cucumber Peel-Off Mask is a better performing mask as far as pore minimizing and at less than $5 is a better deal since it allows several uses. Miss Spa Pore Minimizing Facial Peel Off Mask just did not give me the results that would justify the expense and even if cost was not an issue, the results are just not worth it. My advice is to get the Freeman peel-off mask.
Overall rating: 5/10
Available at ulta for $2.99