This is a product was released recently and before the official release date, you could get deluxe samples (7ml or 0.25 fl. oz) at various places. I received my free deluxe sample but I don’t think it is being offered anymore now that the full size product (1.7 oz.) is available for sale. It was a really good size sample to last about one and a half to two weeks which is long enough time to see whether or not to buy the full size product so here is my Philosophy Ultimate Miracle Worker Night review.
I have used various Philosophy products in the past and liked a few of them. It is a great company and I have enjoyed their shower gels the most. The fragrance is absolutely divine for many of them. I have tried their skin care products but none of them really did anything for me. While many people love their Amazing Grace fragrance, I prefer their Falling In Love fragrance which is definitely in my top 3 best fragrances! So they do have some great products even though before this deluxe sample I haven’t used their products in a few years.
But since this Philosophy Ultimate Miracle Worker Night is a new product, I definitely wanted to try it especially since I am concerned about aging skin and use retinol products in my skin care regimen. It is also a serum-in-cream formula which is an interesting combination.
For the first time, we have combined the concentrated power of a serum with the nourishing benefits of a cream to help dramatically reduce the signs of present and past skin-aging, while you sleep. Our exclusive formula contains patented technologies and ingredients proven to help improve skin regeneration and epidermal repair while helping skin rebuild its natural collagen and rejuvenate its appearance layer by layer. all major signs of aging are targeted including lines, wrinkles, firmness, texture, pores and radiance, for proof-positive your skin can improve with age.
- In just 3 nights: you’ll wake up to a dewy, vibrant and more-rested complexion*
- in 2 weeks: 97% of women had noticeably healthier-looking skin** 100% dramatically improved the texture and firmness of their skin**
- in 4 weeks: the length, width and depth of wrinkles was significantly reduced** more than half of women agreed that they had their best-looking skin in years—even compared to receiving professional skin treatments*
*self-assessment study, 42 women ages 45-65
**independent clinical study, 32 women ages 45-65
I applied this every single night after cleansing and drying my skin for almost two weeks and then stopped. I still have a tiny bit left. I did not apply in the morning since I only apply retinol containing products at night. You can apply them in the morning although you will need to add a sunscreen because retinol can be deactivated by the sun and it makes your skin very sensitive. Even when applied at night, a sunscreen is still necessary the next day because of increased skin sensitivity to the sun.
It is a white cream/serum that is light and very easy to apply and is quickly absorbed by the skin.
- As mentioned earlier, it is light and easily absorbed into the skin.
- It leaves the skin matte but moisturized which I loved.
- While some people complained about the fragrance, I personally LOVED it! If Philosophy could bottle up the fragrance and sell it, I would buy it. It is the perfect fragrance. So light but smells amazing. Philosophy has really cornered the market on fragrances!
- Skin looked great after applying it.
- Didn’t notice any anti-aging effects but I would probably need to use this for a month but I just had to stop using this because of the next reason.
- I started having a few breakouts and not the kind that I normally have every now and then. These were the painful cystic-like kind and because nothing else had changed in my regimen besides this cream/serum, I thought it was because of this product. I stopped using it and after just one more similar breakout, I haven’t had those painful cystic like breakouts.
- I didn’t notice any dewy or vibrant skin after 3 nights and certainly not after almost 2 weeks of use.
- It is expensive. The full size product shown below is about $80 but if it worked, this may not be an issue for most people including me.
- Do not like the jar packaging especially since it contains retinol.
After a few nights of using this, I really started contemplating how to add the $80 into my monthly budget even though I hadn’t seen any amazing effects but because I simply loved the smell and how this cream/serum left my skin looking. But I was saved $80 once I started experiencing the painful acne. I didn’t have a lot of them – just four or five but they were just awful and hurt so much.
And since I need a retinol product in my skin care regimen for anti-aging, I just didn’t feel that this Philosophy Ultimate Miracle Worker Night would do the job I required for anti-aging even though I didn’t use it long enough (results if any should start to show in 3 to 4 weeks).
Honestly, if you are looking for a retinol containing product, I would recommend Paula’s Choice Clinical 1% Retinol Treatment which I normally use and costs $55 although you can try a trial size (0.16 oz) for $10. It states how much retinol is included (1%) unlike this Philosophy product and it is effective although I wish it was not as greasy and had the texture of this Philosophy product.
If you do want to try this Philosophy Ultimate Miracle Worker Night cream/serum, it is available at philosophy for $80 and many other locations.
Rating: 5/10 (for the fragrance and texture)
That’s my Philosophy Ultimate Miracle Worker Night review for you. I would have liked it to have worked out for me but it broke me out and just did not do what it claimed although I loved the fragrance and how matte but moisturized my skin looked after application.