Replace setting powder and setting spray with this product says Mally. I wish. If you have oily skin, you know that there are levels to keeping your face shine free which include setting powder and setting or finishing spray but all I can say about Mally Evercolor Poreless Face Defender is that I wish I had known about this product sooner because Mally has created something close to a masterpiece. Yes I know I’m being overly dramatic but this is an amazing product if you struggle with oil breaking through your makeup.
What it is
This is a colorless silicone based product that is semi- solid in texture. The texture is unlike any other product out there.
This Mally Beauty Evercolor Poreless Face Defender yields an utterly sheer, featherweight product that diffuses the look of pores, minimizes fine lines, and helps protect your makeup so it lasts from morning to night. Face Defender gives you that flawless matte finish without the dry, ashy look of powder. The result is silky smooth skin and longer-lasting makeup.
How I use this product
While Mally says that you can replace your setting powder with this, since I have oily skin, I need setting powder. I sometimes the Poreless Face Defender after I complete my makeup steps and spray my face with setting spray but most often than not, I use it only when I start to get shiny which causes my makeup not to look so great. This product rescues my face and makeup!
It comes with an oddly shaped sponge which is not too hard and not too soft and just perfect for tapping in the product and dabbing onto the shiny areas and it’s shape allows it to get into every nook and cranny. Don’t use too much product though. It may seem like you haven’t gotten any product on the sponge but trust me you have. If you use too much product, it will create little balls of product on your skin.
Do not rub the product onto the skin otherwise you shall end up moving your makeup. Simply dab wherever you need your skin mattified.
What it doesn’t do
- If you have oily skin, you shall still get oily after you apply this product. It doesn’t seem to prevent or reduce oil production so you will need to use it several times a day if you are very oily like me.
- If you have large pores, they will not be completely blurred by this product. There will be some blurring but not anything significant. It may provide complete blurring for those with small or medium-sized pores.
- The same for fine lines.
What I Love About Mally Evercolor Poreless Face Defender
- It removes shine totally and completely.
- Unlike an oil control powder, it doesn’t develop that cakey look despite how many times you use it.
- After applying it, my skin looks so airbrushed and flawless that I’m always amazed. What was even more shocking is that every single time I used it during the day as my face got oily and my makeup wasn’t looking so great, an application of this product gave me the same airbrushed and flawless look every time.
- It completely mattified my face but without that powdery look that results when you use a powder to mattify skin. My face looked shine free but healthy. I’ve no idea what special potion Mally put in this product but I am a fan of what it does. It is just unbelievable how healthy looking my face looked despite being completely matte after applying this Poreless Face Defender.
- While it claims to not move makeup when you simply dab it onto your face, I am a little heavy-handed when I dab so a bit of my makeup usually comes off and after using this product several times during the day, my makeup can develop a little patchiness and all I do is dab on a little skin-toned colored powder on top and my makeup looks perfect again. It seems to even look better with a little of this powder on top of the Face Defender although I only have to add this powder once during in the day.
- Unlike translucent powders which claim not to add any color but most do even if it is only a little, the Mally Poreless Face Defender is completely transparent so no additional color will be added to your makeup.
- It is not drying at all.
- Did not cause any breakouts or skin irritation.
- It is an amazing product but it is pricey at $40 for 0.46 oz./13.0g of product.
- While the packaging is simple and pretty, it feels a little heavier than most compacts.
I love this Mally Evercolor Face Defender, I need to get a second one so that I have one at home and one for my purse. This is an unbelievable product and while it is designed for all skin types, it is just perfect for those of us with oily skin. It is pricey but when something actually works, I can pay the price for it.
I know I’m gushing but this product is that good so that’s my Mally Evercolor Poreless Defender review.