Although charcoal has been used in a lot of skin care products for years, for some reason recently, it seemed to really become a popular ingredient. Charcoal is popular in skin care because it acts as a magnet to draw out dirt, oil and other impurities from the skin.
This Yes To Tomatoes Clear Skin Detoxifying Charcoal Peeling Mask is one of the newer products from this brand for the year and since I love peel-off masks, I thought I might as well try it. Also, I do have acne prone skin and break out occasionally, so I thought this would be good to have around for clear skin.
Yes To Tomatoes Clear Skin Detoxifying Charcoal Peeling Mask Review
Say Yes To your favorite LBM (little black mask) with detoxifying charcoal to peel away impurities for clear skin. Formulated with charcoal and tomato extract to help eliminate dead skin and excess oil, helping to leave skin naturally clear. Built-in YESblender Detox Applicator allows for easy, hands-free, mess-free application.
Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Ethyl Alcohol, Algin, Charcoal Powder, Magnesium Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Lactobacillus Ferment, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Calcium Sulfate, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Extract, Tetrasodium Pyrophosophate, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin, Butylphenyl Methylpropanal.
I do like the packaging which can be a little confusing at first. It comes in a plastic squeeze tube which features a spatula at the tip for applying the mask which I liked because my hands didn’t have to get messy with product. You twist the nozzle and product is dispensed once the arrow points to the “ON” position.
This Yes To Tomatoes Clear Skin Detoxifying Charcoal Peeling Mask is gray in color and not very thick which makes it easier to dispense by way of the spatula.
I applied this Yes To Tomatoes Clear Skin Detoxifying Charcoal Peeling Mask to dry skin after cleansing. This is not to be applied over the entire face but instead focused on the forehead, cheeks, nose and chin. Because of the large pores on the sides of my nose, I covered a bit more of these areas.
This is supposed to be left on for at least 15 minutes which of course depends on how much you put on because it took me about an hour for the mask to completely dry.
This smells just like other clay masks I’ve used in the past but the smell is not very strong.
- When I removed the mask, my skin was so soft and the products I applied after just glided over my skin amazingly. The products I used after (a serum and an oil) are a normal part of my regimen so when I woke up the next morning and my skin looked so much smoother and clearer than usual, I attribute this to this mask.
- Hands free application.
- Doesn’t contain parabens, SLS or silicones.
- I paid $15.99 for this mask (it may be cheaper in other places) which in my opinion is a little pricey for the mask especially since it’s only 2 fl. oz.
- I have large pores as I mentioned before and one of the reasons I love peel-off masks is that the pulling action grips whatever is on the skin and in the pores and removes most of it which usually causes my pores to shrink a little bit after using this mask. This Yes To Tomatoes Clear Skin Detoxifying Charcoal Peeling Mask doesn’t really grip the skin that much and while the peel-off action is mostly pain-free, it doesn’t do what I need a peel-off mask to do which is empty my pores and remove dead skin. My pores looked the same before and after this mask so that was disappointing.
- I did have a few break outs and didn’t really notice much of a difference in them from using this mask.
- Peel-off masks that I’ve used in the past usually come off in one or two sections but removing this “peel-off” mask tried my patience like no other! This peels off in very small pieces which can become VERY AGGRAVATING and even when you get it off, there will be little bits and pieces and to get rid of these, I usually jump in the shower to remove these. Yes To definitely needs to work on making this Yes To Tomatoes Clear Skin Detoxifying Charcoal Peeling Mask easier to remove. The second time I used this mask, I tried to make the mask thicker hoping that this would make it easier to peel off, but placing a thick layer on the skin is a little hard to accomplish because this mask is not very thick so placing too much only causes some of it to drip down. And it still peeled off in many small pieces.
After I used this Yes To Tomatoes Clear Skin Detoxifying Charcoal Peeling Mask the first time, I wasn’t intending on using it again because of how difficult it was to remove but decided to try it again. It was really after the second time that I noticed the difference in my skin from using this mask so based upon how soft and smooth my skin was after and how amazingly products applied to my skin after using this mask, I will probably use this up and may repurchase.
Rating – 8/10
Available for $15.99 at ULTA